Hi-Lite Park

Hi-Lite Park

Hi-Lite Park was an amusement park located on the corner of Bellarine Street and Ritchie Boulevard, near Eastern Beach where the tram terminus once stood. It opened in 1956 and closed circa 1985.

Hi-Lite Park was a very popular foreshore attraction in Geelong, but was closed to make way for the new redevelopment of the Eastern Beach precinct in the 1990s. The only thing that remains of the former Hi-Lite Park is the original carousel which has been relocated next to Cunningham Pier.

Giant Sky Wheel


Many years later, a Giant Sky Wheel reported as the largest non-permanent ferris wheel in the southern hemisphere, was renovated by Phoenix Fabrication & Welding of Geelong. It comprisef 36 Gondola carriages, each with capacity to seat 6 persons. It has a 50 meter peak clearance and each ride is 10-12 minutes in duration. It was then erected in the same area in which Hi-Lite Park once stood. It was imported from overseas by the Verfurth family who run Hi-Lite Amusements, having also operated Hi-Lite Park.

❊ Location ❊


Hi-Lite ParkBellarine Street and Ritchie Boulevard  Geelong Victoria 3220 | Map


❊ Web Links ❊


Hi-Lite Park 

www.wikipedia.org/Hi-Lite_Park




Gone | But Not Forgotten



Trending HOT..






Page Editor

UPDATE