NBN Co: National Broadband Network

NBN Co: National Broadband Network

NBN Co: National Broadband NetworkNBN Co will deliver Australia's first national wholesale-only open access broadband network to all Australians regardless of where they live.

NBN Co will connect 93% of homes schools and workplaces with optical fibre (fibre to the premises or "FTTP") providing superfast broadband services to Australians in urban and regional towns*.For the remaining 7% we will connect to our next generation fixed wireless and satellite subject to final design.

Check your address

Check your address


Broadband has the capacity to transform every aspect of our lives including entertainment business health and educational services. Unlike dial-up internet it allows 'always-on' online access to websites digital content applications and a range of services at the same time. Broadband access enables people to take full advantage of new communication tools and next generation applications.

To provide access to broadband for all Australians the National Broadband Network (NBN) will be designed built and operated by NBN Co. The NBN will offer a comprehensive network enabling Australia to realise its digital potential.

How will it work?

The NBN will be Australia's first national wholesale-only open access super fast broadband platform and will offer 93% of all Australian premises with fibre-based services and the remaining 7% of premises with leading edge fixed wireless and satellite technologies*.

Within the next decade the plan is for every home school and workplace in the country to have access to the network.

Retail service providers will access the NBN in order to provide services and content to the general public and business across the nation.

What does it mean for me?

The NBN can be accessed equally by retail service providers (RSPs) allowing them to offer advanced digital services and applications such as IPTV and video conferencing directly to their customers. Businesses and the general public will be able to access the NBN through these retail offerings.

* The speeds actually experienced by consumers via fibre fixed wireless or satellite will depend on a number of factors including the retail broadband plan they choose the usage of the service at the same time by other users their equipment and their in-premises connection.

Check your address

Check your address

NBN: Call 1800 687 626

Good luck calling, a very long recorded message with options that mostly point back to the internet or an isp.

❊ Web Links ❊

NBN Co: National Broadband Network 

Disclaimer: Check with the venue before making plans...

Trending HOT

View Event: Drive-In Movie Club
Drive-In Movie Club
Drive-In Immersive Cinema Nights Are Coming to Melbourne Put together by our friends at Hot Tub Cinema, a string of family-friendly, social distancing-safe, drive-in ..

View Event: Things to see, hear & do this weekend
Things to see, hear & do this weekend
Make the most of your weekend in Melbourne with these fabulous events. No city does it better than Melbourne, so get out and discover the very best shows, festivals, ..

Update Page