Holy Trinity Anglican Church | East MelbourneHoly Trinity is a dynamic Christian community with a valuable history that reflects the inclusive hospitality of God to all peoples and experiences. We are committed to make the love of Christ known, and to serve the community in His name.
Anglican worship started in the Church of England schoolhouse on the corner of Victoria Parade and Hoddle Street in 1857 - serving as a mission church to the working class families on the low-lying Richmond and Collingwood flats.
In 1864 a bluestone church was built on the George Street corner of the present site - a place designated as the site for the Cathedral. That church was destroyed by fire in 1905 and the present church was built at the opposite end of the block and consecrated in October 1907.
In 1970 the former Vicarage on Clarendon Street was sold and the present house was purchased. From 2004 the parish hall was the temporary home for the East Melbourne Library whilst its new building was being constructed on George Street.
❊ Address & Contact ❊
⊜ 193 Hotham Street East Melbourne | Map
✆ 03 9417 3341
❊ Web Links ❊
→ Holy Trinity Anglican Church | East Melbourne
Things to see, hear & do this weekend
Weekends are precious. Two days to do what we please. All day Saturday and Sunday to chill, fill and party to our hearts content. No city does it better than ..
Australian Open 2019
Melbourne in January means only one thing - the Australian Open. With the world's top tennis players fighting it out for the first Grand Slam title of the year, there's ..
→ Page Editor