Freedom CyclistsFreedom Cyclist v Helmet Laws ('ad-free' advocacy)
australia's destiny is cycling ... free cyclists
Compelling Reasons to Abolish Mandatory Helmet Laws
* Abuse of civil liberties
* Cycling is NOT dangerous
- driving is
- obesity is
- smoking is
- but cycling is NOT
* Statutory helmet promotion single-handedly passing cost of cycling to consumers, allowing government to ignore previous recommendations for genuine cycling infrastructure & motorist education
* Drastically reduced cycling rates by 40%
* Actual head injuries remained the same, suggesting an increase in head injuries
* Inconclusive data on how much protection bicycle helmets give
*Laboratory tests on bicycle helmets indicate a possible increased risk of "Diffuse Axonal Injury"
* Currently not recommended for certain 'headforms', namely Headform AA (4 year olds & under)
* Correlation to Australia's status as the "Fattest Nation in the World"
(for further details on the significant consequences of Mandatory Helmet Laws, see CycleHelmets.org)
❊ Web Links ❊
→ Freedom Cyclists
Things to see, hear & do this weekend
Make the most of your weekend in Melbourne with these fabulous events. No city does it better than Melbourne, so get out and discover the very best shows, festivals, ..
Update Page Request