Canterbury GardensCanterbury Gardens are an example of the Gardenesque style of gardens from the early 1900s.
The park features rolling lawns, specimen trees and superb, colourful displays of perennial borders and annual beds.
The gardens are situated on an area of former market gardens and farms. In the 1850s W Creek, or West Creek as it became known, traversed the property and passed under a long culvert at the lowest point of Canterbury Road. This has since been sent underground leaving the valley dry.
The land was fenced in 1903 and named Canterbury Reserve after Viscount Canterbury the Governor of Victoria (1866-1873). Since the 1940s Carols by Candlelight has been held in the gardens, and it is a popular venue for local residents' celebrations - the setting is ideal for weddings - and recreation throughout the year.
With established trees and other amenities Canterbury Gardens, providea an ideal setting for a wedding ceremony. Weekends are particularly popular for wedding parties, events and photographic sessions of all kinds.
Bookings are essential - email Parks and gardens or phone (03) 9278 4595.
❊ What's On ❊
❊ Address & Contact ❊
⊜ 190B Canterbury Road Canterbury | Map
✆ (03) 9278 4595
❊ Web Links ❊
→ Canterbury Gardens
Update Page Request