Architects for PeaceArchitects for Peace is inviting professionals of the built environment and members of related organisations and their representatives to be part of one-day workshop called "under-construction".
The workshop will address the topic of reconstruction from both a practical and theoretical point of view. The "under-construction workshop"will draw on case studies and discussions to identify ways in which we can engage with other communities or nations, while minimising detrimental effects.
At this point we have secured the participation of Rob Stent (president of Victoria RAIA), Nadine Samaha who will talk about reconstruction in Beirut, Rochelle Woodley-Baker from RWB & Associates - Social Planners (Adelaide), OXFAM Community Aid Abroad among many others.
The Under-Construction workshop promises to be an exciting event that will include a performances by RMIT Public Art students and VCA, short films, visual art and music by various artists.
Under -Construction topics:
· Australia's engagement with the world
· Australia's influence on the region through reconstruction - the good, the bad and the ugly
· Global warming and natural disasters
· The national culture - our way of life - is this sustainable?
· Reconstructing a professional practice - a cross-disciplinary approach.
· Our role in preventing human made disasters.
· Our way of life/our values and natural disasters
· Car cities and obecities - shaping a local urban culture
· Future eating, McMansions and urban sprawl
Find more information at "what's on": http://www.architectsforpeace.org/
Date: Saturday October 22 from 2pm.
Venue: RMIT Building 50, Orr Street, Melbourne, (perpendicular to Victoria St. between Cardigan and Lygon Streets, Melway 43 H6). Melway 43 H6, click here for map
Cost: $15 / free for paid members and students
❊ Web Links ❊
→ Architects for Peace
→ Disclaimer: Check with the venue before making plans...
Drive-In Movie Club
Drive-In Immersive Cinema Nights Are Coming to Melbourne Put together by our friends at Hot Tub Cinema, a string of family-friendly, social distancing-safe, drive-in ..
Things to see, hear & do this weekend
Make the most of your weekend in Melbourne with these fabulous events. No city does it better than Melbourne, so get out and discover the very best shows, festivals, ..