bestchance | Child Family Care
Descending from the Burwood Boys Home, the bestchance has a history of over 110 years in caring for children and families. The organisation has evolved to offer a range of community orientated services and today is one of the largest independent providers of integrated family support in the eastern regions of Melbourne.
Eight programs currently assist over 4,000 people each year with services including social, emotional and behavioural development, education, training and welfare. Our aim is to deliver highly responsive, holistic family support with respect and sensitivity. We believe in innovative, universal and non-discriminatory support that empowers people to change their own lives and create positive environments for children and adults. By guiding and developing self-management skills for individuals, our programs help to build the resiliency required to face the challenges of today.
People are able to access our services through a variety of programs which are:
- Early Childhood Intervention: An early childhood intervention therapy program for children aged 0-6 years experiencing developmental delays.
- Cheshire School: An intervention program for children aged 5-12 years with social, emotional &/or learning difficulties. Cheshire combines standard curriculum with individual strategies and techniques to facilitate a successful return to mainstream schooling.
- Parent and Child Support: Volunteers providing in-home support for parents caring for babies and preschool children, enabling families to interact and develop support networks in their local community.
- Children's Centre: Full day care, occasional care, respite care and preschool programs for families with children aged 0-5 years.
- Community Support: Emergency relief, crisis intervention, information, advice, referral, advocacy and material aid.
- Kindergarten Cluster: Management and staff support for a group of community preschools, we work with parent committees to provide professional development and access to specialist resources.
- Training Services: Delivering a range of nationally accredited training courses using flexible and innovative approaches to meet individual student needs. As well as courses which provide an introduction to computers, Internet, First Aid and other specialised life skills and interest courses for the community.
- Volunteer Program: Volunteers assisting across the programs in various roles from administration to grounds maintenance and in-home support.
❊ Address & Contact ❊
⊜ 583 Ferntree Gully Road Glen Waverley | Map
✆ 03 8562 5100
❊ Web Links ❊
→ bestchance | Child Family Care
AFL State of Origin for Bushfire Relief
AFL State of Origin and AFLW Bushfire Relief Double Header Fri. 28 Feb. 2020 @ 5:40 pm | Marvel Stadium, Docklands The AFL, with support from the Clubs and ..
Things to see, hear & do this weekend
Make the most of your weekend in Melbourne with these fabulous events. No city does it better than Melbourne, so get out and discover the very best shows, festivals, ..