The Whittlesea Country Music Festival (WCMF) is set for another big year with the announcement of Aussie rock-royalty Mark Seymour, as their headline act for 2015. The main festival will take place on Saturday, 7 February, with a kick-off party Friday, 6 February.
The WCMF is the perfect summer festival catering to locals and visitors, families and music fans, people of every age. As in previous years, 2015 will include the festival night, day party and a range of fun activities all for FREE.
The list of confirmed performers that will be pleasing crowds on the day includes; Tanya Self, Victoria Edwards, The Brook Chivell Band, Don Costa, Katrina Burns
The festival will kick-off on Friday 6 February with the free opening party at the Whittlesea Bowls Club, where Whittlesea locals Flaxxon (X-Factor 2013) and Ruckus will headline.
This year the main festival day’s entertainment will be held on the grounds of Whittlesea Secondary College, commencing at 10am a free street party.
At 5pm there will be a free twilight concert at the Whittlesea Cricket Grounds and the event will conclude with a spectacular fireworks display at 9pm.
“We love to be able to provide a great day out for families and friends that really showcases both beautiful Whittlesea and great home-grown musical talent” says Festival Vice President, David Watson.
“Bring a picnic blanket, rug or a chair and get comfortable as the summer evening unfolds. No glass is allowed on the oval so please bring your plastics. There will be plenty of delicious food and drinks available to purchase from local vendors on-site. It really is a fun, stress free festival.”
The festival includes:
- Free performance by Flaxxon and Ruckus on 6 February at the Whittlesea Bowling Club, Church Street, Whittlesea (booking essential for this event Ph 9716 1966).
- 7 February FREE Street Party, kicking off at 10am in the grounds of Whittlesea Secondary College, Whittlesea. Here you will find trader’s stalls, both local and from surrounding areas, an animal nursery, face painting, boot scooting and other fun activities for kids.
- Two stages will run from 10am to 4pm showcasing quality country artists, local musicians performing in a range of musical genres, a talent search and a busker’s competition.
- FREE “Twilight with the Stars” concert at the Whittlesea Cricket Ground (The Walker Reserve cnr. Forest and Laurel Streets) an open air concert running from 5pm until 9.30pm.
- Fireworks display, at 9pm to conclude the festival.
Date: Saturday 7th of February 2015
Time: 10am - 4pm