The Bright Autumn Festival is a ten day celebration of the wonderful autumn colours and seasonal produce of the valleys of Victoria's Alpine High Country.
The Bright Autumn Festival is a ten day celebration of the wonderful autumn colours and autumn produce of the valleys of Victoria's Alpine High Country.
This year it takes place from Friday April 28, 2017 to Sunday May 7th 2017. The highlight is the Gala Weekend with a market, music in the streets and a grand parade on Saturday 6th May 2017.
The theme for the 2017 parade is "Living in the 90s" which can cover anything from 1990s, 1890s or even the 1790s. Music, fashion, movies, literature or all possible themes for floats in this year's parade.
Highlights of the festival include:
• Open Gardens & Chestnut Groves
• Apple Orchards & Deer Farms & Farm Tours
• Gold Panning & Battery Tours
• Lavender Farms
• Breathtaking scenic drives by yourself or join in our tour
• Autumn Art Show with paintings for sale
• Visit Mt Buffalo National Park
• Brewery & Winery Tours
• Evening Entertainment – Bush Dance, Bush Poetry and stories, Concert with Darebin Brass Band.
Bright Autumn Festival Gala Day
The parade is held on the second last day of the festival, Saturday 6th May 2017, the main streets are closed off for all the fun of the festival, with brass and highland bands, craft displays, the Autumn Festival Parade, and a real carnival atmosphere.